Pen Pro Handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I am waiting for the tool but had to make the handle and I am liking this wood more and more. It figures that I would start to really like this stuff now that I am running low on it, but at least my shop smells good.
1_IMG_4477.jpg
1_IMG_4476.jpg

Edit: Sorry, it's Camphor with some figure.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgibb42

I thought, traditionally, one was supposed to make the handle for the tool WITH the tool. Or did I pull that out of left field somewhere?

Looks really good, though.:)

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I thought, traditionally, one was supposed to make the handle for the tool WITH the tool. Or did I pull that out of left field somewhere?

Looks really good, though.:)
Brian, I play by my own rules. First make the handle. Second, find out how big the tool shaft is. Third, figure out how to fill in the difference. Fourth, buy the tool...:biggrin:...Seriously, it is on its way to me, I just wanted to get a little jump on it so I could epoxy it in and it would be ready to go on a trip with me this weekend.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Looks real nice.

What kind of finish do you put on your handles?

Thanks.
Tim, this one got a spray poly finish, I cheated and only used 3 coats but I can always strip it down and redo it if needed. If it was for a customer I would have used 8 - 10 coats and taken my time with it.

Top Bottom