Pen Portfolio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LL Woodworks

I need a nice portfolio to carry pens to show. Preferably one that holds 36-40 pens and a nice leather. I've goggled and searched but mo luck. Anyone have any ideas where to get such a carrying case?
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:bananen_smilies022:lynn; I store or carry my pens in display cases sold by PSI and others. I usualy buy the 48 pen size,and put 24 pens in each with a space bewteen pens or sets. You could also buy the Super-Sized case that will hold 96 pens They have a black leather like exterior with grey felt and elastic straps inside and brass latches on the outside. Pens stay in place, and when you get to your table, you just open them up and your ready to go. Happy Holidays !!!! Jim S

Last edited:

Lenny

I have several of the Wood n Whimsey ones and they suit me just fine ... However...
obviously you get what you pay for like anything else .... The ones Jon linked to are, as he said, TOP QUALITY!
Are you going to use them to transport you pens to and from shows where they will be taken out and put in displays (as I do) ?
or ... are you going to use them to "show" potential buyers? If so, it might be worth the extra money as it would immediately give the impression of CLASS!

carpblaster

you can get some old pillow cases have some one sew different on the bottom where pens can fit, do it all the way across, then you can fold the top down,also sew a strap on the end, then roll it up and i put them in a carrying case for a laptop,got about100 plus like that

ghostrider

I've got one of the ones from WoodN'Whimsies. It is not leather, but I must say that for the money it's decent. Mine has seen abuse being put in my backpack and hauled all over the state.

I also bought the leather 12-pen binder from Woodturningz. That one has not held up so well for me, and they say that I'm an exception. I like the leather exterior, but the hoops inside became unstitched almost immediately, and without much use (second one they sent me happened in less than a week). I can't say enough about their customer service though. They finally just gave me credit and told me to keep the two they'd already sent. Too bad too because they would have looked better than the WnW portfolio since it's been beat up so much.

Top Bottom