Pen/pin jaws question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I use the Nova g3 with the JSPIN pin jaws. I paid $42 a couple of years ago, there is a newer model of the Jaws out (not sure the difference), pricing is all over the place so shop around. I find the pin jaws to be pretty effective, but I do turn round prior to drilling (I think the pen jaws tend to be better for square or rectangle blanks). Turning round prior to drilling allows me to TBC without bushings from start to finish. The pin jaws are also useful for turning other things - the pen jaws seem to be more of a one-trick-pony. I have also used a collet chuck for drilling, you can get a super accurate center line hole but you have to turn round and to a more specific diameter.

penicillin

No. The PSI pen jaws will NOT fit on a Nova G3. How do I know? If you search for "Nova" in questions and answers, you will see that it is asked several times. The answers are always no.

I have the Nova pen jaws. I also have the Nova pin jaws that came in a Nova G3 set. I use the pen jaws all the time, mostly for drilling pen blanks, but I find them useful for other turning activities. I used the pin jaws once for a small turning, that's all.

Top Bottom