Pen Making Bucket List

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

My pen making bucket list has included an 8 strand Celtic knot since I saw Brian G s incredible work a few years ago. After several attempts and gluing my fingers together far too many times, I think I am getting close to making a decent one. Not sure if this one is good enough to scratch it off my bucket list but hope is in sight. These suckers are hard (at least for me).

4378D994-AB71-4A87-887F-8EADA8C16A25.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am going to say time to move on. I think this looks great.from this angle I do not see any flaws. Good job and thanks for showing. That too is somewhere deep on my bucket list.

I know what you mean about bucket list. I have cherry picked a few pens from here over the years that I sure want to make my attempt to do. I know I will not be able to match what the artisan did but would add my own touch. As I get older and older and i know I am creeping up to the time where this may not be possible any more but I have so many projects I want to try. My head is overwhelmed with possible ideas. Every day it is something new that my eye sees and I want to try. The other day I was looking through some old notes and drawings of pen ideas I sketched with the hope of trying. Not sure what I was thinking back when I made the sketches because some are too ambitious:)

SteveJ

Well done. I find that one drawback of being on this forum is those pesky bucket list pens. I keep a file of ones which have been shown here that I want to replicate. Then I have to battle the idea of "stealing" someone else's creativity. In the end, especially since I seldom sell any pens and don't advertise anywhere, if I come close to duplicating someone else's design I feel personal satisfaction. You should be well satisfied with your work here.

turncrazy43

Really looks great to me. Those are really beautiful but a bit more than I believe I am capable of making. Sure do appreciate the effort you made and thanks for sharing that with US.
turncrazy43

magpens

Looks good !! .

Wish I could do that !! ... Well, maybe I can ... haven't tried yet ... but it looks tricky !!

Top Bottom