Pen kit storage in the shop.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JUICEDSS

I have pretty much an unlimited supply of cigar boxes made of wood. I keep all kits, pen parts, bushings etc. in the boxes. I just have them stacked on my work table. The problem is that when I want to do a large project, I have to move everything from the table. I "hacked together" (I wasn't concerned to make it perfect) the following solution. Most everything in my shop is on wheels so I can move things around as needed. I will now use this as my assembly bench as well.

Thanks for looking.
IMG-0427.jpg
IMG-0428.jpg
IMG-0429.jpg
IMG-0430.jpg
IMG-0431.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Nice and great idea. I'm not into pen turning that much. I use the deli lunch meat containers from the grocery store. They stack on the shelf in the shop.

jttheclockman

This is one project that is high on my to do list. I am going to make a shelf cart too because I have my pens in plastic storage boxes and need to have then accessible more easily. I am just about finished after 2 weeks of cleaning the shop and the game room where my shop has spilled out and taken over. I was unable to see the pool table for about 8 years or so now. Still probably can not shoot a decent game on it because so much stuff stored around it but at least it looks more organized. Be surprised what you can find when you clean things up. Nice job on the cabinet.Well worth the effort.

howhale

Really nice storage cart. Always make anything I can portable also because I do a variety of other projects beside pens. Gotta think about something like that for my work area and combining it as the assembly station is really nice.

Grampy

Looks good... "Most everything in my shop is on wheels so I can move things around as needed " Mine too.. I say it is so I can move things around.. actually my shop is more like a jigsaw puzzle with too many pieces.. most of my stuff is on wheels, so I can put the tools I need in front of me and roll everything else out of the way....

Top Bottom