Pen kit parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

showfire

Does anyone know where to order the plastics spacer/treaded part of a wood tube continential or Atrax? I had 2 of them just crush one me when I was trying to press them. The third went in smoothly.

Attachments

• 029D900C-E602-4F8B-9270-F603982E9064.png
    029D900C-E602-4F8B-9270-F603982E9064.png
    226 KB · Views: 130
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bats

With the rare exception of things like center bands and transmissions for extremely popular models (read: slimlines), I haven't seen anywhere that advertises spare parts for kits. Your best bet is probably to contact the vendor, let them know that the part failed, and see if they'll replace it.

showfire

With the rare exception of things like center bands and transmissions for extremely popular models (read: slimlines), I haven't seen anywhere that advertises spare parts for kits. Your best bet is probably to contact the vendor, let them know that the part failed, and see if they'll replace it.
Thank you.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You probably had adhesive dried inside the tube. For future reference, clean the tubes with a round file before inserting the threaded plastic part. That part goes up over an inch, so clean up into the tube, not just right next to the end.

showfire

You probably had adhesive dried inside the tube. For future reference, clean the tubes with a round file before inserting the threaded plastic part. That part goes up over an inch, so clean up into the tube, not just right next to the end.
Can guarantee that they were clean inside, took a round file and sandpaper to the inside prior to attempting. The plastic piece crushed under a very small amount of pressure.

SteveJ

From the picture it looks like you got the kits from Timberbits so you should contact them. Exotics is FANTASTIC about supporting those who purchase from them and are sometimes able to send replacement pieces. I buy almost all my kits from them for that reason.

its_virgil

Does anyone know where to order the plastics spacer/treaded part of a wood tube continential or Atrax? I had 2 of them just crush one me when I was trying to press them. The third went in smoothly.
The part you need appears to be very similar to the same part used in the junior series of kits. Same drill bit/tube sizes. Maybe someone has one or two in their personal parts box. I looked but do not have one. Worth a try. If you have one of the jr kits check it out.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As was noted above, the bag says Timberbits--I doubt it is a Berea kit. Timberbits used some American names for their look alikes.
Junior series threads are different from Berea's kits.

Top Bottom