Pen Kit excellence question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turnem

Greetings! I hope that this Forum is the right place for my question....was not sure where to place it. But would very much appreciate everyone's input, please.
In your experience, including feedback from customers who use custom pens, which pen kit do you feel is first choice for reliability/least likely to cause problems..in each category: fountain, rollerball, and ball pen...? Many thanks for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I think that is an impossible question to answer. Maybe the question should be which kit has more problems and you will find some of the click pens get alot of negative feedback as well as some of the barrel twist pens and I think mostly that is because of operator error. But good luck with that question. Most kits on the market are reliable and well designed. The gadget pens not so much.

turnem

I think that is an impossible question to answer. Maybe the question should be which kit has more problems and you will find some of the click pens get alot of negative feedback as well as some of the barrel twist pens and I think mostly that is because of operator error. But good luck with that question. Most kits on the market are reliable and well designed. The gadget pens not so much.
Thanks.

My most popular pen sales wise is the PSI Designer series Gun Metal with gold accents (Item #: PKMONT2GM). I can make one of these and show it to people and usually it's sold. I do make and seller higher end pens but this is my most popular. I have no idea why other than it's got a different look. Go figure!

There should be quite a few responses here - probably much the same as JT's (above). Mine is "it depends". And I'm mostly thinking that it would be based on personal experience/preference. For example, I am a great champion for the PSI Vertex. I think it's a pen that has real good "presentation". Not ostentatious, but distinctive at the same time. I think it has excellent balance and a great feel in the hand. It has a weak point that some feel is an Achilles heel (the plunger tip has a tendency to break if dropped on a hard surface) but, hey, what wouldn't break on a concrete floor?
I have others that I like a lot (say, any of the FP's from LazerLines). I'm of the same opinion as JT on "gadget pens".

turnem

There should be quite a few responses here - probably much the same as JT's (above). Mine is "it depends". And I'm mostly thinking that it would be based on personal experience/preference. For example, I am a great champion for the PSI Vertex. I think it's a pen that has real good "presentation". Not ostentatious, but distinctive at the same time. I think it has excellent balance and a great feel in the hand. It has a weak point that some feel is an Achilles heel (the plunger tip has a tendency to break if dropped on a hard surface) but, hey, what wouldn't break on a concrete floor?
I have others that I like a lot (say, any of the FP's from LazerLines). I'm of the same opinion as JT on "gadget pens".
Go Buckeyes!

Attachments

• 1236005_635480306486512_1804307350_n (1).jpg
    1236005_635480306486512_1804307350_n (1).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 146

turnem

My most popular pen sales wise is the PSI Designer series Gun Metal with gold accents (Item #: PKMONT2GM). I can make one of these and show it to people and usually it's sold. I do make and seller higher end pens but this is my most popular. I have no idea why other than it's got a different look. Go figure!
Thanks.
In my opinion, for ball point pens, the Sierra style is the most widely used and is the least subject to problems by my customers.
Thanks.

PSI's Bolt Action in Gun Metal.

Gotta agree with this...it's Gun Metal. I wonder how many have seen PSI has a sale on a triplet of these for $29.95 plus the bushings? The limit is one per customer but if you order under your name, your wife's and any kids you can stock pile a bunch. And if you're a member of an approved wood working club you can take off 10% more...sweet deal. No one else has matched this price.

Top Bottom