Pen from Resin Pour #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from egnald

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

I used the shortest blank from my pour (blank #2) - it leaked out the bottom of my mold. Darios already named this batch - Koi. I think it is an excellent name as the blank is made from Red, Gold, and Pearl. The kit is a Eco Zen from Exotic Blanks with Satin Silver plating. I hope this blank is representative of the rest of the pour. It really has a lot of depth in the red and gold. And so the adventure continues....

Dave

IMG_3829 Cropped.jpg

IMG_3818 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3819 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3820 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3821 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3822 Cropped.jpg
IMG_3823 Cropped.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Wonderful blank and amazing for your second pour. I am not familiar with the Eco Zen, does the point usually stick out that far?

Muddydogs

Posts like this are going to push me over the casting ledge. I don't need to start casting, nope I really don't. Very nice Dave.

egnald

Wonderful blank and amazing for your second pour. I am not familiar with the Eco Zen, does the point usually stick out that far?
So far all of the Eco Zen's that I have received from Exotic Blanks and the Magnetic kits from Crooked Mill have all had about the same ink extension. I tried a Pilot G2 ink refill which is what I usually use and those don't extend quite as far out. - Dave

rixstix

Great looking blanks & pen Dave. I can only imagine how it looks in person based on the superb photos.

No learning curve for you.

its_virgil

Pour #2 huh? I'm jealous. My first pour was over 20 yrs ago and I'm certain it didn't turn out that nice. You have been sucked into the casting vortex.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

ink_a_fink

Great color combo! I like how the reds and gold stuck to their own and slowly swirl around each other as the pen rotates.

egnald

What red Mica did you use? That looks really nice.
I used Alumilite Clear Slow with
- 33% Eye Candy Yamagata Red (Heaping 1/2 teaspoon in about 120 grams of resin)
- 33% Pearl Ex Brilliant Gold (Heaping 1/2 teaspoon in about 120 grams of resin)
- 34% Pearl Ex Micropearl (Heaping 1/2 teaspoon in about 120 grams of resin)

Dave

tyrithe

Beautiful. I have also taken a liking to the vertical pour method. My results are turning out far better than my attempts to cut out blocks. Now all I need to do is set up a proper place for taking images.

Top Bottom