Pen for my Japanese “daughter”

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

I taught two Japanese sisters anatomy and physiology at Los Alamitos HS. I liked both and both liked me. One became a student researcher under me at the USC Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology. She was great and we have grown up together for decades. She has become a daughter to my wife and I. Twenty years ago our government decided to toss her out of the country and back to Japan. She left Japan for the US at 2 years of age. Her parents were here in a green card and thus she could not stay here. She has lived in Japan since then teaching English as she has a bachelor's degree from UC Riverside and a master's degree from North Carolina both in English. Enough rant.

She sent me origami papers for pen blanks. I asked the VERY WONDERFUL JohnU to make a couple of blanks and gave him scads of papers to make some for his sales. Of course, they came out perfect as always. Buy some when and if he sells them. Diamond Knurl Rollerball from Ed at Exotic Blanks.

This heads to Japan tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3697.jpeg
    IMG_3697.jpeg
    397.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3698.jpeg
    IMG_3698.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3699.jpeg
    IMG_3699.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Wow, those are gorgeous.

I'm so sorry about your adopted Japanese daughter. It's hard to know what to do in situations like that.

JohnU

That turned out Beautifully Mark! I'm glad they worked for you. Every time I look at that material I want to cast one for myself. Now that I know what I'm missing I think the next one is going in the "personal stash" box. 😬
Thanks for sharing!! And for allowing me to be a part of your project!

mmayo

Thanks for all the generous positive comments. I'm sure she will be happy.

I'm told that the famous JohnU has shipped some to Ed at Exotic Blanks.

Top Bottom