Pen for My Brother and His Wife

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

The Yankee pen is for my brother who is a huge New York Yankee fan and is a Yankee watch dial wrapped around a blue holographic vinyl . There are baseball charms around the blank as well.

The Minnie Mouse watch dial pen is for his wife who retired as a nurse about 3 years ago. It has the Minnie Mouse dress as a nurse with stethoscope and a red heart second hand sweep. The blank also has roses and butterflies surrounding it . Also a larger stethoscope on the back side. Hope they like them.

Bruce and Jeanne front pen shot.JPG
Bruse and Jeanne pen back side shot.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TDahl

Both the pens came out very nice. I was also going to mention the spacing, but Richard beat me to it. I think that and the right combination of materials contributed to the classy look of both pens. How think were the charms? The bodies look flush with the components and fairly slim, so I am assuming there was not a lot of room to work with. Well done!

jttheclockman

Both the pens came out very nice. I was also going to mention the spacing, but Richard beat me to it. I think that and the right combination of materials contributed to the classy look of both pens. How think were the charms? The bodies look flush with the components and fairly slim, so I am assuming there was not a lot of room to work with. Well done!
Thank you. The parts are relatively thin. The brass baseballs had a convex shape like a ball has but I just flattened them and bent them. yes you have to be careful what parts you use because most kits there is very little room to cast things. What I do is build the blank first and then use the bushings as a guide and a straightedge to see if anything is protruding outside the edges. If so then I have to write this measurement down and when I turn the blank down I have to stay within those measurements.

jttheclockman

Wow, John, you've been busy. Homerun! (on both of them) Those blanks must take a good bit of time and patience to make.
Thank you. I will be giving them to them Thursday when I see them. yes on the time but I usually have a few going on at the same time because I can only epoxy certain amount of things at one time so that I do not knock them off. I have 3 different ones going on right now and soon will cast.

jttheclockman

Well I gave them the pens yesterday and they did like them. I also brought along a bunch of my latest pens I have been making including the ones I entered the contests with and they both agreed they are so much nicer in person. I usually send a photo to my brother of pens I make.

Top Bottom