Pen Featured in Curb Your Enthusiasm

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hokie

I was watching the final season of the HBO show Curb Your Enthusiasm and couldn't help but notice a pen that took front stage in one of the scenes in episode 5. Larry, the show's main character (and show creator) admires a pen held by Ted Danson and lets him know how much he likes it in hopes Ted will offer to give it to him.

To me is appears to be in the style of a kit pen and I was wondering if anyone recognizes what kit it might be or if maybe it's a pen sold in its complete form by a company. There seems to be a portion that is wood, so that's why I thought it might be some kind of kit.

These screen shots aren't the greatest, but maybe they're helpful in identifying it for the fun of it...
Screenshot 2024-05-02 215445.png

Screenshot 2024-05-02 215445x.png

Screenshot 2024-05-02 215921.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

The tip in the 3rd picture kind of reminds me of a gold plated Magnetic Vertex, but I don't think the cap & clip looks right - I think the Vertex cap has facets and this one doesn't look like it does. I was thinking magnetic because I can't make out any threads on the tip end for the cap to screw onto. Then I thought maybe Zen, but I think the proportion of the blank length to the cap length looks too short to be a Zen - and the clip doesn't look quite right either.

It would be pretty cool to know what it is though. - Dave

Darios

The cap makes me think of the PSI raw brass with clip, but the clip and nib are wrong

Top Bottom