Pen Display Case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rsjimenez

rsjimenez

I made this case for one of my stores that sells my pens what do you all think about it? It holds 36 Pens.

1422931_680897795262322_1384192193_n.jpg

1454225_680898111928957_1131436381_n.jpg

1414932_680901028595332_1642009840_n.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Awesome job. I think it looks great. Stands look as though they will display the pens nicely.
How long did it take you to make? 12x12?

Harry (wish i had flatworker skills) M

Last edited:

cal91666

I think that is a very nice looking case. The only thing, if it was mine, I would have done different would have been to miter the top and base joints so the end grain was not visible. Still, its very eye pleasing.

eranox

That looks amazing! What made you choose to make the displays inside hold pens on 3 sides instead of all 4? Were you originally going to make this a stationary (non-rotating) display?

rsjimenez

Thanks for all the comments.

Awesome job. I think it looks great. Stands look as though they will display the pens nicely.
How long did it take you to make? 12x12?

Harry (wish i had flatworker skills) M

I made it over the weekend, I really can't remember how long in hours. My wife stained it, then I put the glass and the hinges. one week for the whole thing to dry and all. yes 12x12

I think that is a very nice looking case. The only thing, if it was mine, I would have done different would have been to miter the top and base joints so the end grain was not visible. Still, its very eye pleasing.

I thought about doing it that way but since it was so close to Christmas and the store needed it. I just went with dowels on the corners, did not want to go into adding more work for myself.

That looks amazing! What made you choose to make the displays inside hold pens on 3 sides instead of all 4? Were you originally going to make this a stationary (non-rotating) display?

Well I needed one side without pens so the person selling the pen can reach in and take out the stand. no, it was meant for it to rotate since it will be on top of a counter and the person can get a better look in front of them.

I will make some design changes for the next ones and also I will go with a lighter stain. It makes it really dark inside.

longbeard

Thanks for all the comments.

I will make some design changes for the next ones and also I will go with a lighter stain. It makes it really dark inside.[/quote

Your wife done a great job staining. Maybe add some type of small lighting inside under the top and the middle shelf.

Harry

Last edited:

SteveG

The suggestion: "..Maybe add some type of small lighting inside under the top and the middle shelf." Should be considered with care. Lighting in a closed case can build up high heat. For that matter, store lighting may also. Quality LED lights give off little heat. Venting may be needed. Food for thought.

SteveG

Your case looks great, and seems to display pens well. I can appreciate your craftsmanship, and that same reaction will not be lost on the customer viewing and considering purchase.Nice work.

rsjimenez

Maybe add some type of small lighting inside under the top and the middle shelf.

Harry

I thought about that but I did not put any lights because then it would limit the locations that the case can be set at. Also did not want to have cords coming out of the case.

Fishinbo

Great looking display stand! Like the rotating design, makes the customers see all the pens. Very nice stain and finish too. Both you and your wife did a great job! I'm sure there will be a reorder.

Curly

They were showing on my iPhone on Forum Runner and my iMac at home when the thread started but are gone from both now.

The case was nice while it was there.

LanceD

Maybe add some type of small lighting inside under the top and the middle shelf.

Harry

I thought about that but I did not put any lights because then it would limit the locations that the case can be set at. Also did not want to have cords coming out of the case.

Small round LED lights with a stick back placed right under the top of the case. They're made to place under cabinets to light up the space below. No cords, battery operated. A set of three at Lowes was around twenty bucks.

Last edited:

rsjimenez

Here are the picture again in a different format.

Attachments

• DisplayCase.jpg
    DisplayCase.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 151
  • DisplayCaseStand.jpg
    DisplayCaseStand.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 132

rsjimenez

I understand the small lighting also but I need to make them as easy as possible for the stores. They are not going to be turning on/off a small light inside the case every day.

Top Bottom