Pen Box Contest winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Although in my opinion all the boxes that were submitted are winners, in the final round of voting for the Pen Box contest we had 106 votes cast.
The winners of the Pen Box contest are:

In third place with 10 votes is Box #4 submitted by wood-of-1kind, Peter Cribari. Peter wins Pen kits #1 SteamPunk ../.. Ken kallashann $51.00 Gift Certificate #5 Classic Nib $50.00
GEDC0499(1).JPG

In second place with 11 votes is Box #2 submitted by Spanx, Dale Lynch. Dale wins Inlay Kits #9 Lazerline $100.00 ../.. gift certificate #2 Rockler $50.00
pen box.jpg

The First Place winners with 68 votes is Box #7 submitted by SteveG, Steve Guzy. Steve wins Gift Certificate #1 Suffolk Machinery $100.00 ../..Inlay Kits #2 Lazerline $100.00

Pen Box 1.jpg

Congratulations to the winners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Lynch

Way to go Steve with the landslide victory, gorgeous box.

Peter,the rustic theme for you box is pretty cool too.I still had to vote for my own though,you understand.

Thank you Monty,Jeff,and the bash team.Thankyou Constant and Rockler.Thank you voters and fellow competitors.

SteveG

I am thrilled, and at the same time humbled, that many of you pen turners would divert your attention from pen turning, to spend some time reviewing the work of myself and the others who competed in this contest, one that is NOT about pen turning. And then you chose to cast your vote my way. Thank you! Dale, I appreciate your kind words. Mannie, you did fine work organizing this contest, as did all who are behind the scenes making the Bash happen.

I was surprised how much time I ended up devoting to this project, but it was fun time. The difficult hours were those spent waiting out the double dose of 72 hours, as the voting ran its course...agonizing!! Thanks again to everyone!

wood-of-1kind

Congrats to all. Without a doubt SteveG you have won the first contest hands down. I am gunning for you and will strive to do better next year. The bar has been set and will be a good challenge for us all with the next box challenge.

Thank you all at IAP for running this wonderful event and conducting a a very successful 2016 Bash.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Gee wizz I did not mean for my logo to get posted here. I hope there is a moderator that can take that post out for me please. I was fooling around with trying to get my logo small enough to fit in my signature line but I never hit submit. I am totally sorry for this. I sent Jeff a message so hopefully he takes care of this. Again I am truely sorry.

The focus should be on the well done boxes and not my stupidity. :redface:

Shoot JT, for a minute there I thought you finally had turned something :rotfl:.

(Nice logo)

jttheclockman

Gee wizz I did not mean for my logo to get posted here. I hope there is a moderator that can take that post out for me please. I was fooling around with trying to get my logo small enough to fit in my signature line but I never hit submit. I am totally sorry for this. I sent Jeff a message so hopefully he takes care of this. Again I am truely sorry.

The focus should be on the well done boxes and not my stupidity. :redface:

Shoot JT, for a minute there I thought you finally had turned something :rotfl:.

(Nice logo)

In due time my friend. After awhile everyone here is probably going to stop looking because I have shown too much stuff. I have 2 years to make up for. Lets say I am gearing up. I am starting to see some really nice work here that is outside the box. Like what I am seeing. Have to see what I can bring to the table. :)

Nedge

Congratulations to Steve, Dale and Peter and fellow IAP members who participated in this years Pen Box Contest. Thanks Monty. Looking forward to next years contest.
Ed

Last edited:
Top Bottom