Pen blanks for beginners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Lar

In the past, I gave away pen blanks to new turners (those turning less than a year). A few years ago, I lost my younger brother Kelly who started me down this path of obsession. Knowing that I gave blanks away, his wife cleaned out the blanks that he had left in his shop for me to offer here. These are not gallery quality blanks, but some nice ones and some just average. All I ask is for $8.00 for postage. Please post on this forum and I will pm you my PayPal address. I only have ten boxes and its one per person.

Attachments

• IMG_2900.JPG
    IMG_2900.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
A well-merited effort Larry.

Just a comment, put a thought to ignoring "older/experienced" IAP members who feel no reluctance to sucking up these offers to "new turners." Unfortunately it has happened recently.

Your intent is admirable!

KLJ

I have been turning for four years and that might be considered a newbie by some here. Thanks for your generosity and kindness looks like this would be about 40 cent per blank these should go fast.

FGarbrecht

Hi Larry,
I've been turning for about 6 weeks and still have bruises on my arms from lugging the lathe down to the basement to prove it. I'd be delighted to receive some blanks from you. Thanks - Fred

TonyL

In the past, I gave away pen blanks to new turners (those turning less than a year). A few years ago, I lost my younger brother Kelly who started me down this path of obsession. Knowing that I gave blanks away, his wife cleaned out the blanks that he had left in his shop for me to offer here. These are not gallery quality blanks, but some nice ones and some just average. All I ask is for $8.00 for postage. Please post on this forum and I will pm you my PayPal address. I only have ten boxes and its one per person.
What a nice thing to do and to honor your brother's legacy.

Buckmark13

Thanks for offering this and if you still have some left I'd greatly appreciate a box.

I actually lost my Brother 20 years ago at a young age; a pen from one of these blanks will mean a lot!

I must say once again, the folks on this site continue to amaze me with their generosity. I've learned so much from all of you and I stay inspired by your posts!

Thanks Larry!!

Jim Nugent

Larry, as someone you've helped get started in penmaking, I just want to say thanks! I think my skills are improving fairly quickly, and I thank you for being an inspiration! Someday, I hope to be able to help new turners like I've been helped here. Regards, Jim Nugent

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thank you Mark. When I started, I couldn't afford blanks and kits. 2500 pens and ten years later I just wanted to help other beginners out.
Fortunately I can help with my brother's help,

Well Larry, I'd say mission accomplished. I do understand your thoughts for this. You have done your brother proud, and you have assisted some NEWBIES. Your RAK (random act of kindness) will be seen again from your efforts - I do believe this.

Be well.

Buckmark13

Larry,

I was traveling this week and just got home late last night.

It was great getting up this morning and seeing all the blanks you packed into the box.

Again, thank you very much! Our thoughts are with you, your brother, and your entire family!

Steve

edicehouse

+2 for Larry.

I was just gendering at those blanks and some of them look amazing. There are some lucky people getting those blanks!

Guthriecb

Larry, I'm sorry for your loss. I've turned a total of 12 pens, 5 of which were this weekend. I hope one day I'll be the guy that turned 2500+ pens and offering to help newbs. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom