Pen Blank Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alankulwicki7

alankulwicki7

Hey all,
I used to keep my pen blanks in a couple of drawers and it was a real pain to sort through them. I could never find just the right blank when I needed to.:eek: Then, a few months ago, I saw a post on IAP with someone's shelf for storing pen blanks. I was just going by memory but I think it looked something like this.

I whipped this together in about 90 minutes using a couple of extra door jambs, scrap paneling and scrap plywood. Since I had all of the wood, the total cost was just $0.00.:biggrin:

It's not fancy and certainly not my best work but now I can keep my blanks all in one spot and it will be much easier to find what I'm looking for.:)

Attachments

• blankstoragea.jpg
    blankstoragea.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 379
  • blankstorageb.jpg
    blankstorageb.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 419
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

That's perfect if you have the wall space for it. Very convienent and handy. I use some hard plastic stackable bins for mine. They were throwing them out at my work, so I got a trunck full of them one day. Wish I had the wall space for something more accessable like that. Good work.

BJohn

I would like to be organized like that also btu just have the wall space. I do have to fix something up, somewhere.

alankulwicki7

Thanks for the comments. This is about the only wall space in my shop I could put something like this. The rest of my shop has either storage shelves or pegboard above the base cabinets. The shelf fits nicely over my Jet mini lathe so it's tucked out of the way but still easy to get to when needed.

mrrichieboy

I built something similar a few years ago and it holds most of my pen blanks...about 400 or so, but then I've been known to exceed the capacity from time to time (sometimes really go over!!!)...can never have enough pen blanks!!!---Rich

Top Bottom