pen blank storage cabinet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from anthonyd

anthonyd

Here is a cabinet I just finished to store all of my pen blanks. The carcase is from the clearance section of Ikea which I purchased for $24 a few years ago. The drawers are made from pine cutoffs and Hardy board left over from the construction of my shed. The drawer fronts are made from MDF scrap I had laying around. The drawers can hold two layers of blanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0600.jpeg
    IMG_0600.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0602.jpeg
    IMG_0602.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

anthonyd

Thanks Mark. It did not take long and was easy to make. The painting of the drawer fronts took the longest but overall it was a lot of fun and I was happy with how it turned out.

TDahl

Very nice. Looks like a great way to organize your blanks so you can since the different colors and designs at one time. Thanks for sharing.

MRDucks2

I've seen a few guys using these for tools. Look like it would make a great blank cabinet.

I have been watching for some of these. Unfortunately the day my wife said "hey somebody has a cabinet for sale for $25" it didn't click and I said not interested. They are getting more difficult to find and even used ones can be expensive.

Top Bottom