Pen Blank Scrap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodKnot

WoodKnot

Sometimes I have a usable pieces left over from pen blanks, some from pens but mostly from other projects such as coffee scoops. I found some corn on the cob kits to use the scrap. I also made refrigerator magnets.

Corn Cob Holder -12.jpg
magnet holders-11.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

I think Exotic blanks used to have those, but I haven't been able to find any in awhile. I made a pack a few years ago and they sold really well. Where did you find them?

WoodKnot

I got the corn cob holder kits from Wood N Wimsies but they didn't have them the last time I checked.

dogcatcher

To make corncob holders go to the hardware store and bought some 3/32 stainless steel rods. Cut to 1.5 lengths, using a drill and a belt sander sharpen one end. I drilled 2 holes for the "spikes" in my blank. I made a wood mandrel that screwed on to the headstock with holes that matched the holes on the blanks, I first sanded the spike end, stuck them on the mandrel and the turned them. I had a piece of Plexiglass drilled with 2 holes that I used to make nail holes to guide my drill bit.

But after seeing Wooknot's 4 hole versions, I will upgrade my mandrel to his design using 4 holes.

Top Bottom