Pen and Pencil set or so I thought

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

Greetings,
I had these two blanks, one marked northern lights Rhine plastic and the other wasn't marked. In the raw form they looked like a match so I made a set. Well, they're not a set but I like 'em anyway. They are satin slimline kits from Woodcraft or Rockler I'm not sure which. I eliminated the center bands to practice arced profiles. I back painted the blanks, painted the tubes and added a drop of paint to the epoxy to ensure you wouldn't see the tubes or glue.
Pen pencil slims copy.jpeg

Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques always appreciated.
Mike

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska.

With all things considered, I think you made a fine looking set. Those could very well be the same Northern Lights blanks but just cut from different areas of the resin pour or maybe even from different batches. I've seen pictures of how Rhino does their pours and they were in very large slabs before being cut up into blanks.

I have found myself in the very same situation - a while back I made a Cigar pen and pencil set each with a Rhino Plastic blank called Blue Sky. As you can see from the picture, I wound up in a similar situation - the blue in my pencil certainly is lighter and more vivid than the blue in the pen. It is much more noticeable and obvious when they are near each other - more so than can be seen in the photo.

Regards,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_1012 Cropped.jpg
    IMG_1012 Cropped.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 119
Top Bottom