Pen #31 - Brown Mallee

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Painfullyslow

Painfullyslow

Nothing special, I just thought the wood was exceptionally beautiful on this one so I didn't feel the need to embellish it with segments.

Woodcraft Kojent kit in chrome/gunmetal. Finish was accomplished with sanding to 600 then Zona down to 1 micron followed by 6 coats of medium CA and polished with micromesh, Zona to 1 micron, then Novus 3,2, and 1.

KOJ1-2.jpg

KOJ1-3.jpg

KOJ1-4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That's some breathtaking wood. I think with your recent segmenting work that you've singlehandedly made me a big fan of that Kojent Kit.

KenB259

Beautiful wood. I have never made a Kojent, but have always liked them. I do have one observation, The nib end appears under turned and the other side looks a little over turned. Did you perhaps assemble it backwards or is that just how Kojents are?

David350

I too appreciate how segmenting can add visual appeal to a pen. However, when you have a blank this good, just let it be the star. Great looking pen :)

RGVPens

Beautiful pen!! Very nice kit, i've never seen one...yet. But the wood is the star of the show!! Great job!!

sorcerertd

Beautiful wood. I have never made a Kojent, but have always liked them. I do have one observation, The nib end appears under turned and the other side looks a little over turned. Did you perhaps assemble it backwards or is that just how Kojents are?
I noticed and was thinking the same thing. I'm not familiar with the kit either, but I do like it.

Painfullyslow

You are absolutely correct, I assembled it backwards. The two dimensions are so close that I always forget they are different sizes and did not check orientation before assembly. I will have to press it apart and reverse it. Thank you for catching this.

Painfullyslow

Michael, when a blank has two different sized ends I mark the inside of the nib end with a sharpie so not do get them mixed up.
That is very wise. If I had actually remembered that they used two different diameters, I might have tried this :p
Hopefully this is a mistake that I will not make twice.

Top Bottom