Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments colours

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
I have been ask to make four pens in the following colours, The customer wants them made using the following Pearl Ex Powdered Pigments colours.
What are the closest match. The on-line colour chats do not come close to what the costomer wants.
This could be an on going sales if I am successful.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Holly geezz Mark, the green and blue seem within reach of the Pearlex powders that I buy from the supplier in Adelaide but the red and grey, ain't going to be easy.

I know that Eugene, the fellow that makes the "Mutts" casting blanks, have the biggest selection of colours I've seen and according to a conversation I had with him, most colours are made to order for him...!

I also know that is a manufacturer in China that makes and sells almost any colour you can think of, the problem is the quantities needed to buy to get it in the first place, and unless you do really lots of castings, the investment on the powders, would be draining you dry of $'s...!

Lets see what other folks have to say...!

Cheers
George

hornet406

When I am trying to recreate unusual colors of military type ribbons, I will use casting craft liquid pigments to achieve the desired color I am looking for. Then add the pearlex to make it richer, and add the metallic sheen. Get the color as close as possible. You wont be adding enough pearlex to change the color. Keep careful notes on how many drops of pigment you use so you can recreate that same color later.

BSea

I know that Coastal Scents has a silver blue that's close to the gray. I know that's expensive to ship down to you though. I've never seen a true red pearl. There are lots of reds, but none just true red that I know about.

sbell111

It's possible that you could use pearl ex's super russet to get the red that you need, but I think that it probably would have to be acheived using a red dye with some added pearl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom