Peachtree Black Friday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Buy from them all the time. I use to get great deals when they were at the woodworking show I always went to.

1shootist

There is a really good deal there on the 3 piece Savannah carbide tool set. (Sq, Rd, Dia) for $75.00 for anyone looking to try carbides out. This is the same set I first bought, it's a shorter handled set but works fine.

And it looks like Free Shipping for any order above $50.00

There is a really good deal there on the 3 piece Savannah carbide tool set. (Sq, Rd, Dia) for $75.00 for anyone looking to try carbides out. This is the same set I first bought, it's a shorter handled set but works fine.

And it looks like Free Shipping for any order above $50.00

I just got a set of this carbide tool set from Amazon. All I had to do was epoxy the handle ring on, it was a bit loose. Haven't used them yet I'm hoping they work as well as the reviews said. Did you keep the square tip or did you buy one with a radius? Also, does Peach Tree sell the replacement tips?

1shootist

I really enjoyed my set, they took a little getting used to but I ended up really happy I bought them..I've since made several myself with longer handles. I even pulled the bar out of the round one and put it on a longer handle...still use the other 2.
I did put a square w/radius insert in place of the square...the radius is much less likely to catch. Though I did end up making a setup for the square too, it allows me to get closer detail in corners or bushing ends.
If its the same as my set its 11mm sq, 12mm rd, 28mm dia. I bought a 3 piece set on amazon from Savannah for $19.99, it came with a radius sq..the round & diam...and screws.

The best prices I've found for the inserts is from Banggood...depending on which insert it ran from roughly $2 per , and approx. $4 for the diamond...though there will be a 2-3 week wait for delivery.
If you want to try a radius to see if you like them..send me your address in a pm and I'll mail you one.

penicillin

I just got a set of this carbide tool set from Amazon. All I had to do was epoxy the handle ring on, it was a bit loose. Haven't used them yet I'm hoping they work as well as the reviews said. Did you keep the square tip or did you buy one with a radius? Also, does Peach Tree sell the replacement tips?
I am not sure a mini square radius tip will fit in your mini square carbide tool.

The full size square radius tip does NOT fit in the full size square tool from Rockler. From observations alone, I believe the Rockler and Savannah tools are made in the same factory, with only a slight difference in how the rubber is applied to the handle. On my full size Rockler tools, I learned that the square carbide tip will fit okay enough in the square radius tool, but the square radius tip does NOT fit in the square tool. I suspect that the same is true for the Savannah mini set.

PeachTree sells the replacement tips as a set. Scroll down on their Savannah turning tools page and you will see the replacement tip set just below the mini turning tool set on that page.
https://www.ptreeusa.com/turn_tools_carbide_savannah.html
You can also buy replacement tips from Arizona Carbide, who is active here on PenTurners.org.
https://azcarbide.com

Top Bottom