PCB Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
After seeing Bob's selection of PCB Sierras, I remembered I had a couple of those blanks, but I'm really not keen on the Sierra kit.
So I decided to see if it could turn it down to fit a B2B Baron II.
I had to cut the Baron tube in half and sleeve the inside of the Sierra blank. It did turn down till it scraped the tallest little thingy on the PCB, but a couple of coats of CA sealed it up to make sure that there wouldn't be any future problems. :biggrin:
I think it looks ok. I reckon the black and gold works well.
I hope you like it too:)

Attachments

• DSCF1911.JPG
    DSCF1911.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 311
  • DSCF1909.JPG
    DSCF1909.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Steven, great job of adaptation to that kit. The pen really looks great and the pen finish looks great with the black circuit board.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Congratulations, that is a really good looking pen.

I am so happy that my crappy stuff has inspired such beauty.

Bob.

C'mon Bob, you know as well as the rest of us that nothing you make could ever be considered as 'Crappy':wink: And certainly never by me!! :)

PenPal

Skippy,

Of the printed circuits going around your choice is mine the double banding leaves the other ones in the dust most techies have seen your style agree.

Liked the experiment with the baron+. Bet the pucker factor was on the richter scale of high, Well worth it anyway,extremely satisfying when it all came together you betcha.

You leave a trail of success behind your experiments that I look forward to.

Kind regards to you and yours from the warmth over here.

Peter.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Many thanks all :)

Peter, did you watch the Aus vs Wales game? Good match but we have still to beat you guys!
Seems like all the southern hemisphere teams are unstoppable at the moment....:frown:

Si90

Liking that. The PCB circuit board blank looks great on that pen, so much better than a single barrel pen. Cracking job on the conversion my friend.

Last edited:

gbpens

Sierra blanks can be used in the bottom portion of many Jr. kits. They are a tight fit and may require slight adjustments with a file but they can be used. Circuit boards or anything encased in resin such as feathers, paper, etc.

Top Bottom