Paua Abalone Shell Triton Convertible

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

This arrived in today's UPS delivery and even after crafting 8 titanium inlay rings earlier I had to turn it. It took 45 minutes to flush sand, turn, flush trim again, sand, buff and build. There were two Tritons in process.

The blank and kit were purchased at ExoticBlanks. Thanks Ed!

Attachments

• 38AD8C53-F973-4923-92A4-8B52665DBCD4.jpeg
    38AD8C53-F973-4923-92A4-8B52665DBCD4.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Really love your pens! They show off the beauty of the Triton kit so well! I think that is one of my favorite kits (despite some of the challenges with it, I seem to have a blank cracking problem unless I file down the tubes a good deal, then glue in the parts). Beautiful, yet simple enough and elegant. And they shine and sparkle so much with those abalone blanks you use!

mmayo

Really love your pens! They show off the beauty of the Triton kit so well! I think that is one of my favorite kits (despite some of the challenges with it, I seem to have a blank cracking problem unless I file down the tubes a good deal, then glue in the parts). Beautiful, yet simple enough and elegant. And they shine and sparkle so much with those abalone blanks you use!
I too make sure that there is no glue inside, but I do not file an extra amount. With the pen body, insertion is very easy for me. With the cap, the clip is easy. The plastic insert is made easier by using a 45 degree countersink bit to chamfer the inside edge. With that completed these pens press very easily for me.

Top Bottom