Paua Abalone blanks for Jr. Emperor kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

I've been looking for a nice blank to go with this Jr. Emperor kit I have. I have a few nice ones, and another on order that may just be the ticket...but, I've also been looking at the Paua Abalone blanks, which are really nice. Exotic Blanks has a bunch, but they are listed either as "Jr. II" or just "Emperor" which is for the full-size emperor kits. I'm not sure if the diameter and length of the tubes for the Jr. Emperor would classify it as a Jr. II type kit or not, but I kind of suspect not (its not explicitly listed in the supported kits.)

Does anyone know if there are any ready-made Paua Abalone blanks for this pen kit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"Junior" tubes are the same diameter as Jr. Emperor. There is a difference in length, however,
the jr gent is shorter than the jr anthony, aaron and others, but the difference can be easily
adapted to any of the juniors. So, yes a junior blank can be used for the junior emperor, but
be certain to use the correct bushings--jr emp is flat on both the cap AND THE BODY.
Other juniors have a larger diameter nib than finial.

jrista

"Junior" tubes are the same diameter as Jr. Emperor. There is a difference in length, however,
the jr gent is shorter than the jr anthony, aaron and others, but the difference can be easily
adapted to any of the juniors. So, yes a junior blank can be used for the junior emperor, but
be certain to use the correct bushings--jr emp is flat on both the cap AND THE BODY.
Other juniors have a larger diameter nib than finial.

Thanks Ed. That was what I needed to know. I figured there was a length difference...the lengths of these tubes don't seem to be specified anywhere. Thanks for the tip about the diameters.

Bstrauch

Jr. Emperor with Jr. Paua Abalone blank is a great combo (not the greatest photo).

a2vOMZr71IxTt0DwBKleW5owyo=w200-h880-no?authuser=0.jpg

Top Bottom