Passport Required

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoodwright

Heck, next Year I'll need a Passport to visit the Lower 48...[:0] You'd think an Alaskan Diver's License, Alaskan Plates on the Vehicle, Alaskan Insurance...
This isn't Canada, it's re-entering USA and on the return, Alaska. Run over to B.C., need a passport to get back into Alaska...[:0]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Yarael

LOL never thought about that driving through Canada from Alaska. But knew that there passport was about to be required. Last I heard that was suppose to go into effect last January but got changed for some reason

woodmarc

We western New Yorkers are up in arms about it too. We vacation in Canada a lot. Many of us have summer homes just north of the border. The new requirements are going to put a big damper on cross border commerce for the regular folk.

For us it a hour and a half drive up to Toronto. At a hundred bucks or more a pop for a passport. I doubt that we will be going to T.O. any time soon. (Family of Four)

I thought the gov'ts of the northern border states were putting pressure on Washington to change or at least delay Canadian/US passport implementation. Last time we visited ND and MN the border guard just asked if we were all Canadian citizens. where we were going and for how long - didn't even ask for I.D. - just shows you how long ago that was! It's going to be a PITA for us too.

jwoodwright

Marc, My Wife's from Plattsburgh, NY. Was no problem going accross to Montreal or Jungle Park Safari Land... Her Family isn't looking forward to it either.

Let's hope they change it. [:)]

Edward Miller

I'm not 100% positive on this but, I heard that passports would be required if you went into or out of Canada by plane from the US and a birth certficate would work if you drove in.
Ed

arioux

Hi,

The Governers of the east northern states and the premier of Quebec are working hard right now to try to stop this or at least modify it so you wont need it if you are traveling by road. Wish them luck.

TheHeretic

Well I jsut went through Canada on a tour and we were there for 3 1/2 hours while we had to show everyone had a passport etc just to get in. We had a few that had to pay to even enter and 2 who were not allowed to go. Granted we had about 60 of us going. But yes it is a good thing to do is to get your passport.

I know someone said about the family getting one. Well, they are good for 10 years and they are the ultimate piece of id. So the 400 over 4 family members really isnt not all that bad. After all how much do you spend in your woodshop per year?

Dean
Columbus OH

rgundersen

Just be glad we are not up to some of the European contries examples on "papers" the generic term for passport. There if you are stopped you are expected to have your papers on you at all times, and yes they can stop you just to see if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom