Part knife part pen (parts)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

This is a very large Bowie knife made for a customer in Hot Springs Montana (located on the Flathead Indian Reservation). The blade alone is 10" (guard to tip) and the overall length is 16" and it's got a lot of weight behind it. The faux Turquoise is actually a pen blank that I got from Woodcraft that is filed and sanded to fit the guard and handle. The handle material is Cherry that I had milled probably 15 years ago from a tree a friend had given me. The rivets on the sheath are copper and the dye is USMC black. I have another knife similar to this on my website but it's a much smaller version of this one.

bowie with cherry and acrylic inlay.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Really nice work!

Have you considered auditioning for Forged in Fire?

I'd get thrown off the show as I don't forge my own blades. Long story but my market shifted many years ago from custom to semi-custom. I'm actually shifting again to a single blank company located right here in the U.S., I'm really happy about that, USA made blanks. The reason for the shift from custom to semi-custom was the customer base. I can sell a lot more knives at $120.00 than at $400.00 and make a lot more people happy with their purchase. Plus they, the customer, get to design their own knife, from blade to handle material to any extras and all of my fixed blade knives come with a vegetable tanned leather sheath. Lots of custom knives don't My knives are all unique. If you want to get an idea of what a custom knife can cost check out Blade Magazine. I just saw an article with a knife very similar to mine that sell in Hawaii for $180.00 and it sold for $1,200.00. Some sell for well over $6,000.00. Thank you very much for the compliments, they are very much appreciated. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Great work sir !

Wolf paw print is cool .

(Sorry, my brain is zombie dead on flu meds and is unable to put proper words to print)

Sorry to hear about your flu, I hope you're feeling better. The Wolf paw print is my signature on all my sheaths. It was actually my wife's idea so I will give credit where credit is due. I also etch my business logo on each knife and my initials. Thanks for the kind words and compliments. I hope you feel better. Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

1shootist

Sorry to hear about your flu, I hope you're feeling better. The Wolf paw print is my signature on all my sheaths. It was actually my wife's idea so I will give credit where credit is due. I also etch my business logo on each knife and my initials. Thanks for the kind words and compliments. I hope you feel better. Merry Christmas and I hope you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Thank you !
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you and yours !

Top Bottom