Parker Jotter lookalike?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RunnerVince

Anyone know of a kit that comes close to the Parker Jotter (here's an example), particularly in the click mechanism? I always loved the click on that pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Please tell me as I am interested in this subject also ...

Is this the Blade pen kit that you are talking about ? . Thank you.

The very one!
It's a nice kit, fantastic click mech.!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

magpens

@mick
Thanks, and YES !! . Indeed it is a great click mech.

In case you did not know, you can buy these Schmidt SKM-88 click mechanisms individually from a couple of places.
They are Milan's Pen Parts, and Richard Greenwald.

I do some kit modifications and have found these clickers to be ideal. . Other members, including Dieseldoc, do similar things with them.

grebmar

Anyone know of a kit that comes close to the Parker Jotter (here's an example), particularly in the click mechanism? I always loved the click on that pen.

Curious, the Parker Jotter that I am familiar with is the design further down the page. It's a clicker, but with a brushed nickel or chrome cap and acrylic barrel, and no nib. It's actually unclear (to me, anyway) from the page which design is actually the Jotter.

darrin1200

It looks like staples.com has mislabeled this one. This appears to be a Parker IM.
If you look in the stapes web page header,( what's written on the tab at the top). It says "IM Retractable Ballpoint Pen"
But all the add on information from the manufacturer is for the Jotter.

Here is the ad from the Canadian Staples for the IM

Here is a link to the Parker collections

pensmyth

I just bought several of these Blade pens from Ed & Dawn at Exotic Blanks because they let you show off your blanks and it's a really nice pen to carry and use. I had an issue with the first one i turned though, the click mechanism hangs up every so often and I have to give flick of the finger. I'm sure it's just an isolated issue the one I made for the wife seems to be working fine. I plan on getting more of these!

Attachments

• E2FF4117-BB3B-4930-B118-F90CAA1E8B90.jpeg
    E2FF4117-BB3B-4930-B118-F90CAA1E8B90.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 116

DwightE

Wow! Parker Jotter--blast from the past. In 3rd grade about 1963 I won one of those by beating my best friend in a spelling contest in our class. I thought I was really something owning one of them.

sorcerertd

Funny you should bring this up. I found one of these in a desk drawer about a week ago. The click button does have a taper to it that I don't typically see in kits, but I haven't worked with enough of them to really answer your question.

jrich7970

Wow! Parker Jotter--blast from the past. In 3rd grade about 1963 I won one of those by beating my best friend in a spelling contest in our class. I thought I was really something owning one of them.

The click on the Jotter was one of the most substantial and satisfying clicks on a pen back then. And the top of the cartridge was like nothing I had ever seen with those "gear-like" teeth. I was easily amused as a 10 year old, I guess.

Top Bottom