Panache pen kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from peter1958

peter1958

Today arrived some new kits i ordered and had a segmented blank that was big enough for the panache pen kit.
Also some new types/brands of CA, thin, superthin, new medium thickness, i ran out.
I used the thin glue for the first 2 coats, let it dry without activator. Then 3 coats medium with activator. Sanded wet with 600 grit.
Both blanks looked very well. After the 9 micromesh pads i had 2 dull spots that i can't explain.
Sanded again (600) and a new coat on it. Sanded all grits and now it looks well.

Attachments

• Panache chrome 2.jpg
    Panache chrome 2.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 214
  • Panache chrome.jpg
    Panache chrome.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

That is a course grit paper to start sanding with and you sanded through the finish. It would not take long to sand through a couple layers of finish with that grit. 1200 is where you should be able to start if your finish is not clumpy.

The pen looks great. I like the segmentation also. I am currently working on a couple too right now. The Panache kit gets little love because it is not really a carry pen but makes a nice desk pen and the blanks are large so it can show segmented work very well. Thanks for showing.

peter1958

That is a course grit paper to start sanding with and you sanded through the finish. It would not take long to sand through a couple layers of finish with that grit. 1200 is where you should be able to start if your finish is not clumpy.

The pen looks great. I like the segmentation also. I am currently working on a couple too right now. The Panache kit gets little love because it is not really a carry pen but makes a nice desk pen and the blanks are large so it can show segmented work very well. Thanks for showing.
That could be the issue, also what contributes to it is the wobbling between plastic bushings..
Next time i start with 1200 or 1500 grit

Top Bottom