Painted Light Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

Hi all. I'm about to start a few wooden pens but thought I'd post this pen as it's a smart acrylic that is very inexpensive. For those who turn plastics you'll be aware that different types offer different threading and polishing properties and this stuff is just fantastic. Threads like a dream and all that's needed is to sand to 800 and buff for about 5 minutes per part and it's done (some plastics can take up to 15 minutes or more).

Anyway here it is.

It has 13mm triple lead cap threads and is around 135mm long when closed. It has a Jowo no6 nib and a chrome clip.

The metal work is sterling silver including my own custom designed cabochon which was described by somebody on another post earlier as "Looks like generic brew related wall decor in a coffee shop". Feedback like this is the main reason I keep coming back here. 😂😂

Comments welcome (including slightly unkind comparisons to catering establishment paraphernalia).

Cheers
Ash

74D0F8E8-77BD-47C9-9870-8FEF115BEDFD.jpeg850D95FD-3775-4DA1-9F65-E2040288F1F8.jpegB1E4C10A-72FA-49FD-9209-A63379F4931A.jpeg7D3C6BE6-A850-4BC6-BF6E-190FE31A67FA.jpeg99F6022C-CD7D-43AC-8FC2-64AFBE5403C4.jpegD53E9B4C-E8EC-4504-A3B1-4E488A75C750.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I love all your work and this pen is delightful . . . including your unique cabochon.

If anyone calls it "splashy" then bear in mind that that term was highly complimentary back in my heyday !!
And complimentary means, simply, "full of praise and approval".

BTW, what type of acrylic is the "PaintedLlight" blank that you use . . . is it the usual "acrylic acetate" that we see a lot of, or another type?

I'd like to acquire some "Painted Light". If I knew your source I just might do so.
It has real character above and beyond the standard "mixture" patterning that we see in most of the cast acrylic blanks.

Last edited:

Valleyboy

I love all your work and this pen is delightful . . . including your unique cabochon.

If anyone calls it "splashy" then bear in mind that that term was highly complimentary back in my heyday !!
And complimentary means, simply, "full of praise and approval".

BTW, what type of acrylic is the "PaintedLlight" blank that you use . . . is it the usual "acrylic acetate" that we see a lot of, or another type?

I'd like to acquire some "Painted Light". If I knew your source I just might do so.
It has real character above and beyond the standard "mixture" patterning that we see in most of the cast acrylic blanks.
Ha thanks Mal, much appreciated.

I meant to say the acrylic is from a company here in the UK called ProKraft. They are online and I believe they ship internationally.

It is called "Ink" but I had to rename it because it was a little confusing having a pen made from ink 😊.

Cheers
Ash

Curly

Opening any of your threads will be guaranteed seeing a great pen. No exception this time.

If I were to be making uncomplimentary comparisons it would be more along the line of one of the big bugs that invariably hits my freshly cleaned windshield. 🙄 I never would though.😉

Blood Woodson

The metal work is sterling silver including my own custom designed cabochon which was described by somebody on another post earlier as "Looks like generic brew related wall decor in a coffee shop". Feedback like this is the main reason I keep coming back here. 😂😂
😂 No no, mate I was describing the body of your R & D Cellulose. Your cabochon looks more like the meeting of a slow bug and a fast wall on first look. It would come across more like an ink blot, which I presume it's supposed to be, if the edges were smoother and rounder. Great pen none the less.

Valleyboy

😂 No no, mate I was describing the body of your R & D Cellulose. Your cabochon looks more like the meeting of a slow bug and a fast wall on first look. It would come across more like an ink blot, which I presume it's supposed to be, if the edges were smoother and rounder. Great pen none the less.
Oh I thought you meant a coffee splatter! 😂😂

Thanks!

Valleyboy

Opening any of your threads will be guaranteed seeing a great pen. No exception this time.

If I were to be making uncomplimentary comparisons it would be more along the line of one of the big bugs that invariably hits my freshly cleaned windshield. 🙄 I never would though.😉
Thanks Pete.

Well it is supposed to an ink splatter so I guess, if you ever were to mention it, it might resemble a flattened bug! 😊😊

TDahl

Very nice Ash. I always thought the cabochon was an ink splatter, but I also kind of like the bug against the wind shield description 😂

Top Bottom