paint bleeding into PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kingkeyman

I've been trying to complete my PITH project with three epic failures.I'm trying to cast metallic foil tape with some painted highlights in PR, but the paint bleeds out every time. What am I doing wrong? If Mr. Burr would like to provide a helpful link I would appreciate it, but please don't treat me like an idiot. I'm really not.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

I have not done what you are trying to accomplish, but my first thought might be to use a sealer over the paint, before trying to cast.

You may have tried, but that is what I would try next.

turncrazy43

Believe that your paint was not completely cured. Try to let the paint dry over night before pouring the PR into the mold. Maybe others will have another solution to your problem.

MIKL

i only use enamel model paint, all of my blanks sit for close to a week some even longer, before i cast them, preferably in a warm area

acrylic paint didn't give me what i wanted so i never put that one into the mold

i hope this helps

MIK

kingkeyman

On the last try, I used acrylic paint for the "artwork", then clearcoat with enamel, but cast after only 12 hours. Do you think that method would work if I let it cure for about 48 hours? Or should I just go find the testors decal stuff.
This hobby is really dollaring me to death!:biggrin:

Jim Burr

Banned
On the last try, I used acrylic paint for the "artwork", then clearcoat with enamel, but cast after only 12 hours. Do you think that method would work if I let it cure for about 48 hours? Or should I just go find the testors decal stuff.
This hobby is really dollaring me to death!:biggrin:

I use this method when doing decals...just a guess on my part, but it should prevent the PR from coming in contact with the paint...Steve...this is for you!

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/decal-problem-need-help-123543/ :eek:

Top Bottom