See more from gpgsm

gpgsm

padouk_rigato1.jpg

padouk_rigato2.jpg

padouk_rigato3.jpg

Please comment!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glwalker

Very nice plate, good finish job. Several years ago I bought a very nice Padauk band saw box from a fellow woodworker. Over time the pretty orange color darkened to a beautiful brown. I was surprised at just how much it changed color. But its still beautiful!

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I agree with Russell, it seems sort of halfway between a bowl and a plate, but regardless of what we call it, it looks nice. Good form and technique.

jskeen

I agree, nicely done. Good shine on the padouk, which is notoriously open grained and can be a bear to finish. It's symmetric and has a nice solid masculine look. Depending on the size I could see it on a dresser or nightstand with change or some such in it. If it's larger, it would make an excellent display piece for an office or desk. What are the dimensions?

PaulDoug

Beautiful bowl and great job turning. To be honest, I wouldn't put the logo on the side. To me it looks like a cigarette burn there. I'd have put it on the bottom. That is just my opinion and not worth getting excited over:wink:.

I didnt even realize that was your logo, I thought it was a knot in the the wood at first. I love the bowl, and that wood is amazingly beautiful, I will have to try some of that wood one day.

David Keller

It's a pretty piece of wood. I agree with the previous suggestion to put your logo on the bottom so as not to interrupt the grain and flow of the piece visually. I'd also rather see a smooth, continuous curve on the sides rather than the straight walls... That's just a matter of preference. You did a nice job overall on the piece... I'm looking forward to your next one.

Top Bottom