Packaging

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I'm undecided on packaging.

Which do you prefer... baggies or jars for your pigments?
Baggies would keep cost down slightly and the jars of coarse would make the price higher. The price difference would depend on the size of the jars.

Your input is appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Jars look nicer stacked on the shelf! and there easier to get the powder out off! But is they were twice the price im sure Id be happy with baggies!

Bobalu

You could price the pigments with or without plastic jars and let the buyer make the decision. I, for one, have amble containers to use for pigments and would opt to purchase in bags.

Rangertrek

I would prefer a plastic jar over a plastic baggie. Again, it would also depend on the cost of the jars vs the bags. Can you give us an idea of what you would be using for costs.

DozerMite

Banned
Cost would depend on size. Which is another thing I'm deciding on.

I think a small size, something like 5gr., and a larger size, like the 1oz.
These are pretty standard.

DozerMite

Banned
I would probably buy the jar for my first order, and then baggies for followup and refill the jar.

With this in mind, maybe starting out with baggies, then add jars for purchase. I want to try to keep the cost down and the jars seem to add significantly to the price.

BSea

I vote jars. I bought a large quantity of white that came in a baggie (actually it came double bagged). The 1st chance I got, I put some in a 1 ounce jar. I'm with jallen, it's easier to get the stick into and out of a jar. But klovalcik has a good idea. Offer both, and let those that have an existing jar use the same jar and just refill it.

nava1uni

I would prefer jars for two reasons. 1) It is easier to get the material out: 2) bags generate static electricity so that you lose some of the product and it sticks to things.
An added is that when empty the container can be use to store other small things.

steeler fan1

Besides the cost of the jars would it also add to shipping? Baggies are ok with me, I'll just transfer it to a jar(perscription jar or such).

Carl

Craftdiggity

You could price the pigments with or without plastic jars and let the buyer make the decision. I, for one, have amble containers to use for pigments and would opt to purchase in bags.

+1

I have millions of containers so the baggies would do me just fine, but I sure would offer jars for an upcharge if it were my business.

DozerMite

Banned
Thanks for the responses.

I plan to have everything packaged and ready to go, so offering the option for a jar or no jar, isn't viable at this point. Maybe down the road.

After evaluating the cost of the jars, I'm going to start out with baggies. If things go well, the jars will work in.

DozerMite

Banned
You can buy different mil thickness baggies to make sure the bags dont rip.

Yeah, I believe they are 2 mil. Pretty sturdy.

Have you considered selling the pigments in baggies, and also offering small sets of empty jars?

That will happen later on. Jars and other containers are readily available, so those who need them now, have options of which type they prefer.

Top Bottom