Outstanding Service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

desertrat

I recieved an order from Woodnwhimsies in the mail today and imediatey turned a pen from one of the money blanks sent. Looked good untill turned but was really bad close to the tube. Sent a picture by e-mail and explained my problem and had a reply within 4 minutes agreeing with me and offering to replace at no charge. Never in my life have I been treated better. Needless to say they will get all my future business. Just wanted to say a public THANK YOU.

desertrat
John:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Freethinker

I recieved an order from Woodnwhimsies in the mail today and imediatey turned a pen from one of the money blanks sent. Looked good untill turned but was really bad close to the tube. Sent a picture by e-mail and explained my problem and had a reply within 4 minutes agreeing with me and offering to replace at no charge. Never in my life have I been treated better. Needless to say they will get all my future business. Just wanted to say a public THANK YOU.

desertrat
John:biggrin:

I ordered a couple of those from one of the premier blanks suppliers (linked to) on this site, and after turning and polishing realized it was total crap.

There was so little shredded money embedded that the tube showed thru in large areas in two or three places. Looked NOTHING like the example on the website.

I started to contact that supplier, but then thought -- "Ahh, what the heck. It's only 6 bucks or so a blank. Not really worth all the hassle that will be involved, even if he agrees to replace it." (I have not even bothered trying to turn the second one)

Looking back, I sorta wish I'd spoken to him about the crappy blanks. I don't have a shredded money pen in the case, and probably never will.

Oh well.

ldb2000

Guys , the shredded money blanks are cast in clear resin . You're supposed to paint the tubes (painting the hole in the blank works better) Green , or your favorite color , to keep the brass tube from showing . There are always going to be places where the money is thinner , especially near the ends .

Edit:
Tim and Tracy are great people to deal with , great customer service and prices .

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

Dan, you need to tell vendors when your not happy, most good vendors want to know or they can't fix a problem......just food for thought.Even as Butch said painting the tubs would fix your present problem.

Top Bottom