Outstanding Follow up by Penn State

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I had written a review of how poorly the Penn State Pro Buffer that I recieved as a Christmas gift was performing. No matter what I did, both buffing wheel would never stay on the motor together and the vibration was awful.

I had contacted Penn State by telephone shortly after Christmas, but they were unable to find an invoice for this buffer, so I really couldn't prove that it was bought new.

A PSI staffer read my post, took the time to look up my information and contact me AND THEN track down when and how it was bought.

With his help, we were able to determine that the buffer had been shipped with 2 right side mandrels, instead of a left and a right. (I'm sure that is was a manufacturing error, NOT a PSI error and somewhere in the world someone else has a buffer with two left mandrels.).

Not only did PSI replace the incorrect mandrel, they replaced BOTH mandrels. AND follwed up to see it the problem was corrected. By replacing BOTH mandrels, I ended up with a system that I can change very easily to use all three compounds.

I am happy to report that is buffer is now AWSOME, and I feel much better about PSI because I now know that they really do take interest in the IAP and they really DO CARE about customer service.

THANK YOU, PSI:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

I like buying from PSI----we never have any trouble with our orders.
Sure would be nice if they would come up with a better discount system for IAP members-------:biggrin:
I have been wanting to pick up some of their high end kits to replace the ones I dropped from another Company.:eek:

el_d

I like buying from PSI----we never have any trouble with our orders.
Sure would be nice if they would come up with a better discount system for IAP members-------:biggrin:
I have been wanting to pick up some of their high end kits to replace the ones I dropped from another Company.:eek:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

hewunch

Well, I for one, would love to see them ship faster. It takes ~2 weeks nearly every time I order from them. The products are good, the CS is good, it just seems like the shipping is sloooow.

witz1976

+1 on the faster ship, it would also be nice if they would revamp their freight charges. I had to buy a couple of bushings but waited as I did not want to spend their flat rate $7.50 to ship something that could fit into an envelope.

That is awesome news on the customer service! It is nice to hear companies who take the extra step!

Well, I for one, would love to see them ship faster. It takes ~2 weeks nearly every time I order from them. The products are good, the CS is good, it just seems like the shipping is sloooow.

Gary Max

Guess I am lucky---I have never waited more than three days for a order to show up. Now watch the next one will get lost in the mail--------:)

jskeen

Gary, You have just tempted the postal gremlins beyond any reasonable expectation. You better put in a couple of orders for stuff you don't need anytime soon and hope to decoy them. But I wouldn't bet on it working. :-(

James

KD5NRH

+1 on the faster ship, it would also be nice if they would revamp their freight charges. I had to buy a couple of bushings but waited as I did not want to spend their flat rate $7.50 to ship something that could fit into an envelope.

That's the other reason I buy any PSI stuff I need from Woodturningz. I've never tried ordering just one set of bushings, but the worst case would be that they insist on a Small Flat Rate box, which is still cheaper than PSI's minimum.

Plus, I ordered a few things from them Thursday, and it all arrived Saturday.

Last time I ordered from both on the same day, (before the drill bit mess put me off dealing with PSI altogether) WT's order was here two days before PSI's had shipped. (And everything was in stock at PSI, so it wasn't a backorder issue.)

Last edited:

islandturner

I'm very happy with PSI these days. I'm a Canuck travelling in the US, and took advantage of their recent free shipping special, by having a number of assorted kits delivered to my hotel. It was delivered to the hotel seven days after I placed the order. Good onya, PSI.

Akula

I do my ordering from PSI. Nothing but good things to say except the slow shipping but not a big deal as I'm never in a hurry. On my last order I sent a message about the small set screw on the cutter I had bought. It would not lock tight and just wanted to know the size so I could get one local. They sent me a new one at no charge.

I used woodturninz when I first started but their flat rate box always cost me more when it arrived. Each time the postal lady would hand deliver to me informing me I owed more money. I contacted woodturningz each time but nothing ever happened.

snyiper

Kudos should go to the PSI staffer who went the extra mile to do the footwork!!! That person is the one to save face for PSI. This could have easily stopped at the first call when no information was found. If all customer service personnel worked half as hard, customer service would be just that!!!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager

I used woodturninz when I first started but their flat rate box always cost me more when it arrived. Each time the postal lady would hand deliver to me informing me I owed more money. I contacted woodturningz each time but nothing ever happened.
I would contact your local postal inspector to look into this. Unless the flatrate box is over the weight limit which is possible but not likely, there should be no extra charge on the package.

KD5NRH

I would contact your local postal inspector to look into this. Unless the flatrate box is over the weight limit which is possible but not likely, there should be no extra charge on the package.

+1: That's what "flat rate" means. The weight limit for the small Flat Rate box is 4lbs, which pretty much means you'd have to be getting a good sized chunk of metal to exceed the limit in that space. Did the carrier also insist on cash payment and refuse to give a receipt?

Craftdiggity

Guess I am lucky---I have never waited more than three days for a order to show up. Now watch the next one will get lost in the mail--------:)

+1
In fact I placced an order Wednesday morning and the tracking indicates that it will be delivered today. My only complaint with PSI is that if you have to leave a voicemail, they do not tend to respond. I have called more than once with a question and when I cannot get through to a person, it is useless to leave a message. Other than that though, they get my orders out quickly and accurately.

Top Bottom