Osage Vase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Not a great pic, but it turns out that Osage hollows very well! It was actually easier than Sycamore, and maybe even a little easier than walnut! Size is about 71/2" tall.

2006828154012_osage1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Nice looking vase. I have quite a bit of OO from a tree off my son's property. Some complain it is too hard to turn. I like turning it. I class woods as 'hard but nice to turn' and 'difficult'. OO is not difficult.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Nice looking vase. I have quite a bit of OO from a tree off my son's property. Some complain it is too hard to turn. I like turning it. I class woods as 'hard but nice to turn' and 'difficult'. OO is not difficult.
I agree. I turned a bowl blank that had been sitting upstairs in my shop for several months in 90+ deg heat with fans blowing 24/7 (acts kind of like a kiln), and that one was a bit difficult, but still nice to turn. It's all a matter of how often you want to sharpen your tools.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />Beautiful vase. What tools do you use for hollowing? I've been doing a little vase turning and have been having trouble with mine.

Wayne
I use OneWay's captive hollowing rig. It costs a bit, but I sold a vase this weekend that paid for half of it. One or two more, and it'll be paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom