Ornaments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

Getting ready for the Holiday season with some ornaments. Our club has an ornament exchange at it's December meeting, a local Arts Center is having a fund raiser and looking for local artist to donate ornaments to be auctioned off. Just trying to get ahead of the season rush. They include two Sputnik Urchin ornaments one with black dyed Maple finials and one with black painted finial, a mushroom shaped urchin ornament with black dyed Maple finial and a bell ornament, painted black and accented with iridescent paint.

Attachments

• iridescent bell ornament.jpg
    iridescent bell ornament.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Large Sputnik Sea Urchin ornament.jpg
    Large Sputnik Sea Urchin ornament.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Sea Urchin ornament.jpg
    Sea Urchin ornament.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 95
  • small sputnik sea urchin ornament.jpg
    small sputnik sea urchin ornament.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 94
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I stock piled many of the shells years ago with intentions to make the finials but never came about like most my want to do projects. I need another ME.

bmac

The stand in the photos, I made just to take the take the pictures. I usually buy the ornament stands from Hobby Lobby or Michaels but did not have any on hand. I try to wait until they come on sell and stock up on them.

Bobby
Louisiana

jttheclockman

they sell many different style stands and different finishes. depending how fancy you want to get, they are inexpensive. Amazon has a bunch to choose from. Michaels sells them too but are a little more. i use these alot.

IMGP0527.JPG

Woodchipper

Those are nice. When our turning club was still in operation, my wife had an idea. She went to Hobby Lobby and bought several clear ornaments. Then she collected sawdust and fine shavings. She filled the ornaments and put a label on them: Man Glitter. Sold out at the silent auction.

jrista

Beautiful work!! Those finials are excellent.

Love the bell. The paint work is very good. Is that a lacquer paint, urushi?

Top Bottom