Ornaments and Game Calls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from armyturner

armyturner

Other obligations have kept me out of the shop since January, but I finally had some free time the last few days. These are my first ornaments. The two calls are predator/coyote calls in box elder burl and copper acrylic.

ornaments.jpg

100_2659.jpg

CopperAcrylic.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Neat, I am about to table pens for a spell... Turkey Calls need to start coming off the lathe soon.

I collect and distribute them to wounded warriors we hunt with on base, so time to start cranking them out!

GrantH

Really like the calls and I plan on making some as well. Do you mind telling what you typically sell them for? Sorry if that's not something you like to share.

armyturner

The least expensive call that I sell is a small rodent distress call made from half of a pen blank for about $15. They go up from there depending of the type of wood or acrylic used and whether it is segmented, stabilized, etc. I believe the most expensive one that I have sold was around $75 for a predator call made from snakewood.

Rick P

You need to start doing waterfowl calls! Folks are more than willing to shell out more than $75 for a PRODUCTION call!

dogcatcher

You need to start doing waterfowl calls! Folks are more than willing to shell out more than $75 for a PRODUCTION call!

That means not a kit, it means making your own insert with your own tone board. Hut and Echo inserts will get you money from someone that hasn't a clue about what the are buying. A good sounding call with your own insert will bring in the dollars.

armyturner

I have never duck hunted, so it is a little tough to know how to tune a handmade duck call. I do sell some with ECHO inserts in the $35-$60 range. Even sold one to a guy that was consistently in the top 5 of some of the major duck calling championships here in Arkansas. But I have held off on buying the extra equipment needed to build the inserts since I can't effectively tune one. Maybe one day....

Top Bottom