Ornament bird house slightly modified

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MikeL

MikeL

After much persistence from my wife, I finally tried my hand at a bird house ornament she has been requesting. I like the Texas ebony so much I modified what typically hangs from a tree or ornament stand and left a base on the house. The roof is spalted maple and the two finials are ebony. Many firsts on this project to include the small finials. I have quite a bit of improving to do on the finial design. I also had trouble parting them cleanly. The bird house is 4 1/2" from base to the tip of the finial.

Attachments

• 1BirdHouseNov2013-022.jpg
    1BirdHouseNov2013-022.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 2BirdHouseNov2013-004.jpg
    2BirdHouseNov2013-004.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Great idea Mike! Never thought about a bird house with a stand! Duh!!! Nice turning and I like the different woods...certainly compliment each other very well. Thanks for sharing, keep up the great work and safe turning!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice! I've been turning mini (3") birdhouse ornaments this past season and they help to use different skills. Thank you for sharing.:)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very nice! I've been turning mini (3") birdhouse ornaments this past season and they help to use different skills. Thank you for sharing.:)

Top Bottom