Oreo BOC Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

This is one of the two BOC boxes I've completed. The wood is Walnut and Maple and was engraved on my CNC machine. One of them will be taken to SWAT in Waco at the end of the month.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• Oreo BOC Box.jpg
    Oreo BOC Box.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 143
  • Oreo BOC Box2.jpg
    Oreo BOC Box2.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Oreo BOC Box3.jpg
    Oreo BOC Box3.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 140
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Very cool idea and we'll done. I have to ask. Are the grooves in the bottom teeth marks? Anyone that eats Oreos knows that the proper way to eat one. Ha Ha

jttheclockman

I have that pattern and was going to make these boxes for Beads of Courage program. Just never got around to it as with many of my want to do projects. That did come out very nice. Mine were going to be scrollsawn though.

Gregf

Outstanding box, and an even better program. I wish more turners would get involved.
I suggested to a local turner that teaches at our Woodcraft that they should have a class where everyone turns a BOC box. No response so far. Would be nice if Woodcraft corporate jumped on the BOC bandwagon. Would be good PR for everyon.

Alan Morrison

I suggested to a local turner that teaches at our Woodcraft that they should have a class where everyone turns a BOC box. No response so far. Would be nice if Woodcraft corporate jumped on the BOC bandwagon. Would be good PR for everyon.
Sorry, what does BOC stand for?

Don Rabchenuk

Our local Woodcraft hosts our turning club and we do BOC.

bmac

The Southwest Association of Turners (SWAT) hold a symposium in Waco, Texas every year and its members are big contributors to the BOC program. At last years symposium there were over 400 BOC boxes displayed in the instant gallery. If you go to their web site, https://www.swaturners.org/, you can see some examples of the talented work done on some of these boxes.

Bobby
Louisiana

Top Bottom