Opinions on the "Thank You" center band kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have recently obligated myself for a 50+ pen donation, to be delivered late 2021 or early 2022 - A local (my county) Fun-Run fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project.

These will be for participants/sponsors for the fundraiser.

I am looking for opinions on the "Thank You" Centerband Kit - Just if it is a reasonable, dependable kit. While these are donations, I want them to be of respectable quality.

While I did not serve, 34 members of my wife's and my family did. Including an Uncle that survived the Battle of the Bulge and had 2 years of subsequent hospitalizations for skin grafts. My MIL was a VA Nurse, and my daughter just started working as a PT at the Cincinnati VA Hospital.

Many of the runners/sponsors may not be military, so the simple "Thank You" seems like a good option.

I appreciate any general comments.

Be well!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

I think it's an excellent choice! It's in the Sierra Elegant line. I'm actually considering making a batch of those for my ALS Team at the Denver VA. The single tube body will give you design opportunities without the need to match two tubes.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mark, I can tell you honestly that I have sold several thousand (all platings) and have not had a complaint that I can recall. Sometimes a kit is missing a part (usually has two of some other part), which we are happy to remedy. It is the same basic pen as the diamond knurl, so you can use adhesive to "lock out" the customer from the "guts" and require them to replace the refill through the nib (which screws on and off easily). OR you can allow access to the transmission if you prefer.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark, I can tell you honestly that I have sold several thousand (all platings) and have not had a complaint that I can recall. Sometimes a kit is missing a part (usually has two of some other part), which we are happy to remedy. It is the same basic pen as the diamond knurl, so you can use adhesive to "lock out" the customer from the "guts" and require them to replace the refill through the nib (which screws on and off easily). OR you can allow access to the transmission if you prefer.
I didn't want to put you on the spot, but I hoped you would give a comment or two. The order was placed a few minutes ago actually! I'm excited to get back into the shop and assist a local organizer - she is running 84 miles in 4 mile shifts; her second year. These pens will be going within my own county.
Wonderful idea Mark . I served 28 years USAF . Do you need any wood ? I have plenty so let me know if I can cut some blanks.
Thanks Joe but I have soooooooo many blanks, including many still from you, so I'm good. I was actually going to use blanks I have received from service members, yours will be the center section, and simple Trimrings from material I got from Tom (Wolf Creek Knives).

JohnU

Very generous Mark! I like the "Thank You" sets and have made many of them for teachers and police officers. They are very dependable in my opinion. Let me know if you come up with any ideas for blanks you might want that I could send your way. I'm here to help!

MRDucks2

I am not a big Sierra kit fan, simply because I like more wood. But I have made and do like the elegant/Diamond Knurl and have made made a few of the Thank You center band kits. I like them, specifically.

Top Bottom