Opinions on clip placement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Seeking opinions on clip placement for this pen and just in general. I know everyone has one and none are wrong, so please share. A

I think it's safe to say that most people write with the clip facing up? I could be wrong, but that's where I am starting with my thinking on this. I often cover the least interesting part of the wood with the clip. Sometimes that less interesting part extends beyond the clip. So, just press it in with the more appealing pattern facing "up" on the clip side? That leaves the "back" side comparatively plain.
Will that ultimately ever matter? Obviously, this can vary depending on whether it's a single or double barrel. The more interesting grain pattern could be on either side, depending upon being right or left handed, but that only works when you know who will be using it. Hmm, decisions...

Attachments

• 20201123_144435.mp4
    14.8 MB
  • 20201123_150358.jpg
    20201123_150358.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 20201123_150358.jpg
    20201123_150358.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herman

Up or dow is perhaps not the most important thing ... personally I pay more attention to details when I am writing with the pen in my hand. The position that most values the details of the wood in this situation would be the one I would choose.

Kenny Durrant

I agree with you in covering the plainest part of the pen with the clip. As far as where it goes while their writing with it doesn't matter to me. When the pen is being used the person isn't admiring the pen it's a tool. When it's not a tool their not looking at the clip their looking at the material the pen is made of.

Bope

I too cover the least interesting grain or defect with the clip. If I have more options I try to line it up with a complimentary grain pattern. On the pen you showed I don't see an obvious place I would put the clip. On more vertical grain wood is where the grain and clip can compliment each other.

Top Bottom