Opinion's on Beautiful pen entry qualificaton.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Last year with the introduction of the Beautiful Pen contest I basically just threw it open to any and all pens. Kits, partial kit, cnc or laser work by others etc. Basically I just wanted to encourage participation if any kind from the membership.
I would be interested in your opinion's on what should or should not be allowed.
Should I limit the pen entries to pens that only the member submitting the pen have done all the work on? If you design a pen and someone else has to laser or cnc the parts is that different than using a commercial blank?

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Here is something I started last year but never finished. Some of the listed criteria for the various contests is incomplete and in many cases, wrong when compared to the contest rules that were eventually published. Maybe, if it would help, we could collectively finish it. The current contest chairs could bullet point their contest criteria, post it here. I'll compile all the contest criteria for comparison to make sure that there are no serious overlaps. Obviously questions such as Mike's would be worked out in the process.

Attachments

• Break down of pen contest rules.doc
    24 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom