opinion - plaque for log truck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

I need some help on what to do about the plaque I want to put on the log truck. I've come up with three different ideas and now I can't decide which I like best. My wife likes option 1 because she says it does'nt take away from the profile of the feet of the base, which I can understand, but...

Take a look at the options and express your opinions. I know everybody has different opinions, but sometimes whenever you look at something for too long you kind of lose focus on what would look best.

Attachments

• DSCN1365 copy (540x405).jpg
    DSCN1365 copy (540x405).jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCN1366 copy (540x405).jpg
    DSCN1366 copy (540x405).jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN1367 copy (540x405).jpg
    DSCN1367 copy (540x405).jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Yes I agreed the first one seems to be the better option, for me but, for goodness sake, take those black zip ties out of the logs, after you spent so much time and effort making such amazing work, you don't to have it totally spoiled by using the plastic zip ties and not take the time to secure those logs together in some other way and reflective of what it looks in the real thing.

You may position the logs so that you can use thick CA or a drop of 5 minute epoxy to maintain the logs together, you can also use small little dowels to attached the logs together and make the dowels invisible. There is no need to attached the logs' bundle to the truck but, having the logs bundled up and attached to each other and one, would be my suggestion...!

Cheers
George

Jim Smith

It seems pretty clear that number one is you best choice and I agree with George, lose the zip ties. If you want the logs banded together, you should be able to get some very thin strips of wood like basket weavers use, paint it black and CA it in place. Beautiful Job!!!

Jim Smith

bmac

Thanks for the help, its appreciated. I think option 1 is the best way to go but I may do the logo on a seperate piece and make it available for them to use if they so choose to. The reason I did not put it on the door is, that it contains an image that when it is reduced down to a size that small you can not tell what the image is.

Also the tie wraps have been replaced with chains.

Bobby

Top Bottom