Oops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I haven't made a basic wood pen for a while and decided to make one today. I picked out a nice blank, cut my blank marking the ends so I could line up the grain, turned between centers to get a good fit, finished and assembled the pen. However, I made one very basic mistake and this pen will have to remain in my household. Who can spot the mistake first.
E63087ED-FE1D-42E9-AC28-56B520777AE4.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Looks to me like maybe the bottom blank was supposed to be on the center band. There's a solid bit of structure on the bottom blank that looks like it matches up with the center band. But then maybe not. Nice pen, nothing wrong that a non-turner would notice.

Cwalker935

Looks to me like maybe the bottom blank was supposed to be on the center band. There's a solid bit of structure on the bottom blank that looks like it matches up with the center band. But then maybe not. Nice pen, nothing wrong that a non-turner would notice.
Nope, that's not it.

magpens

That's an easy mistake to make.

And it is not at all obvious in the pic .... hard to gauge which tube (lower or upper) is the longer ..... longer tube should be the lower for that kit.

jttheclockman

Isn't there another washer in the centerband missing too?
I stand corrected. There is not.

Attachments

• IMGP0368.JPG
    IMGP0368.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 150
Top Bottom