One piece slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JUICEDSS

JUICEDSS

The other day I saw a one piece slimline and I had never heard of it. I looked up the tutorial in the library and made this one when I got home. It was the only slimline kit I had on hand. lol This one is done with spectraply.

I enjoy making these much more than the 2 piece. I like that you can showcase a longer piece of wood. More to come in the future for sure.

Attachments

• DSC_0209.JPG
    DSC_0209.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 337
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Both pens are wonderful Butch and Cliff. The blanks are awesome and the kit modifications are great. Well done to both.

The IAP Library has a wealth of knowledge, techniques and experience for those looking for hints!

magpens

Good work ... both of you !!! . I like the one piece mods for the slimline ... as both of you have just discovered, it is very attractive.

Other kits that lend themselves to a similar approach are the Cigar and the PSI Slimline Pro. You can find examples in various threads over the years and in the Library.

its_virgil

Most any, at least the ones I have tried, two piece twists can be made into a one piece. I have made the following into one piece pens: slimlines, slimline pro click, cigar, perfect fit, jr gent twist, el grande twist. Fun projects.
Nice job on this one.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Other kits that lend themselves to a similar approach are the Cigar and the PSI Slimline Pro. You can find examples in various threads over the years and in the Library.

Dehn0045

Very nice! One word of caution -- I made one once using raw (unstabilized) wood, the guy I gave it to had it in his pocket when he was working outside and it got hot and the humidity from sweat caused the wood to warp slightly. This caused the mechanism to get stuck and it was impossible to twist -- it was actually kind of impressive how much force the slight warping held the mechanism. I haven't made a one-piece slim in a while, but if I do one again I'll probably go with acrylic or stabilized wood. I think that there are some other workarounds for this issue, but I haven't personally dug into it that much

indytruks138

Great pens, inspired me to give it a try. I love the look but I'm having trouble getting it back apart so that's worrisome.
Made with honey locust leftovers from a live edge coffee table.

Attachments

• 20190424_184722.jpg
    20190424_184722.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 20190424_184740.jpg
    20190424_184740.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 149

JUICEDSS

Great pens, inspired me to give it a try. I love the look but I'm having trouble getting it back apart so that's worrisome.
Made with honey locust leftovers from a live edge coffee table.
Same for me getting it apart at first. I was trying to just pull it straight out which wasn't easy. Now I grab the tip and twist while pulling and I can then get it out that way easy.

Top Bottom