One of my best works

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
My first love has always been plant science, cross-breeding and genetic research. This flower just bloomed for the first time a few days ago. It is the result of about 20 years and myriads of seeds among 3 generations. Commonly known as an "Amaryllis," it is actually an "Hippeastrum." I've dubbed it "Flossie" after my dad's oldest sister who loved red. You can't see it well because of the curling petals, but each has a small white tip.

Attachments

• Flossie Louise 13.jpg
    Flossie Louise 13.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Flossie Louise 4.jpg
    Flossie Louise 4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 147
  • Flossie Louise 9.jpg
    Flossie Louise 9.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rfturner

I have a friend that his focus is Fushias he has made quite a few unique ones it iterest me but I have enough hobbies for the time being

nava1uni

That is really beautiful. Great work. Is this a hobby or a profession? I have a vegetable garden and love working in it. Isn't gardening grand?

Last edited:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
In the back of my mind, there is always a hope of something "brilliantly new." But I would say it's a serious hobby. Botany, plant science, was my profession for a time. But, yeah, love to play in the dirt, too.

Ligget

Fantastic outcome Cathy, I can appreciate all your hard work as my Dad loved gardening, whenever I would drop by he was always in the garden or tending to young plants in his greenhouse!

Top Bottom