Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Had the need for a "design opportuniy"
it won't be duplicated (in the blanks I have for sale,note the ends of the cross don't bisect the borders of the oval)
Olive wood, bloodwood oval, and holly cross.
Platinum cigar.

200611141323_olive%20wood%20inlay.jpg

blanks like this available

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Not bad. [:D]
Don't screw it up Cav.
The pressure is on you.
That's the last of the first.
(When in doubt, a little more CA is ALWAYS needed)
The best time to stabilize a piece of wood on the lathe is a few minutes before you realized you should have.[}:)]

dfurlano

Eagle, I'm going to take a guess and say that the cross oval is actual a round dowel. And that hole is drilled on an angle.

Penmonkey

I guess it is just SO ugly that you don't want to make another one. That's OK Eagle, just send the rest of the blanks to me.[8D]

I would have made it less B2B. It appears you went below the bushing on the CB. Other than that I like it.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />I guess it is just SO ugly that you don't want to make another one. That's OK Eagle, just send the rest of the blanks to me.[8D]

I would have made it less B2B. It appears you went below the bushing on the CB. Other than that I like it.
Nope

Originally posted by dfurlano
<br />Eagle, I'm going to take a guess and say that the cross oval is actual a round dowel. And that hole is drilled on an angle.

Nope

jeffj13

Eagle,

As always, your work never ceases to amaze me.

That said, your evasiveness annoys the $#%& out of me. I understand it, but it still annoys me. [:D]

jeff

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by jeffj13
<br />Eagle,

As always, your work never ceases to amaze me.

That said, your evasiveness annoys the $#%& out of me. I understand it, but it still annoys me. [:D]

jeff

Sometimes it's best to just ADMIRE the BEAUTY.

Lance Burton doesn't tell you how the plane disappears - does that bother you too???

Oh, when they cut the beautiful girl in half - THAT'S REAL!!!!!!!!!![;)][;)][;)][;)]

Dario

Amazing!!!

Is this by luck or you intentionally lined it up (inlay's side to the wood line)?

BTW, I originally thought the wood was DI.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by jkoehler
<br />Eagle,
once again a masterpiece.
i have a question that i am hoping you will answer.
is this an inlay or, does the insert go right thru?

It's an inlay.I can do it on both sides if someone wants a custom blank,it would cost more though.
I have been toying around withthe idea of reversing the colors/woods in the same pen on opposite sides.

wood-of-1kind

Eagle,

quit raising the bar higher and higher will yaa. Geez I can't find a ladder high enough to attempt any of your work. Another winner[:D]

side note to self: How does he do that with the cross not bisecting the oval's border? Must be another of those Cadbury secrets.

-Peter-

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Eagle,

quit raising the bar higher and higher will yaa. Geez I can't find a ladder high enough to attempt any of your work. Another winner[:D]

side note to self: How does he do that with the cross not bisecting the oval's border? Must be another of those Cadbury secrets.

-Peter-

Hint: Shorter pieces of wood!!!

(no charge!)

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Eagle,

side note to self: How does he do that with the cross not bisecting the oval's border? Must be another of those Cadbury secrets.-Peter-
You discovered the design opportunity rhat will not be duplicated.

Mikey

He is no longer on this forum. I believe if you really want to get a hold of his work, you can contact him at turn-pens-with.us or the same name with _ instead of -. (something like that)

NavyDiver

John,
I have turned a couple of these, and the fit is perfect with the rest of the blank. Once turned and finished, they are smooth with the rest of the pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom