One More

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I know, you're all getting tired of these, but I'm not 😂. This one is small only 2.375 x 2.625. Made from spalted jatoba, worm holes filled with coffee grounds and finished with pens plus. I am particularly proud of the grain alignment on this one.
7330A09D-D59F-4FAA-92A2-38826F3A5CF3.jpeg
DB425C5E-D5BC-4071-B2F6-EA2714A99842.jpeg
D01A869A-C42E-4D0F-8190-0C288D0DCA6B.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I like these sorts of diversions from pen-making ! ! . Thanks for showing, Ken ! !

I am particularly intrigued by noting what mods to the threads are required to allow the lid to fit snugly on the box ! ! !

Special thanks for showing the lid OFF the box and leaning against it with threads of both lid and box clearly visible for comparison.

KenB259

I like these sorts of diversions from pen-making ! ! . Thanks for showing, Ken ! !

I am particularly intrigued by noting what mods to the threads are required to allow the lid to fit snugly on the box ! ! !

Special thanks for showing the lid OFF the box and leaning against it with threads of both lid and box clearly visible for comparison.
You just make a relief cut behind the threads, you actually make the cut before you cut the threads.

KenB259

Very Nice.

I looked at the Chefware Threading Jigs - I'm probably going to wait until Santa comes next year to get one. ;)
They work very well and very easy to set up. There are other threading jigs out there, at twice the cost of Chefware. All I can say is I'm very happy with mine.

dogcatcher

There are lots of homemade threading jigs on Google. Even a couple were posted on this forum. Some require a little more than basic tools. But still can be built with a little modification.

I built one using blocks of HDPE that I drilled and tapped for a piece of all thread for the TPI. A cheap cross slide vise from Harbor Freight and a 60 degree cutter from eBay. If I remember correctly I used a 1-8 all thread for one set of threads and a 3/4-16 all thread for another. I had some finer threaded versions but the finer the thread, the more you will hate it.

Soak the area to be threaded with CA glue the day before so the wood fibers will be stronger. Do not use the CA accelerator it will/can make the threads brittle.

Search Google for homemade threading jigs for wood lathes. Plenty of ideas to play with.

Top Bottom