One more time... Aluminum Celtic "Knet"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dale Parrott

Dale Parrott

someone in my home really likes the aluminum accents. I made this for her. It took about 6 hours to complete with no mishaps. Black Walnut, .020" Aluminum, Lots of CA.
PXL_20230826_185024110.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

That's amazing! I have done enough simple/double knots and had some blow up on me while turning. I can appreciate the amount of time to make all those cuts, glue in the strips, and then turn it without it all coming apart. It's quite an accomplishment with simple acrylic inlays. Damn near impossible with metal inlays. Well done!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Superb! The precision for the cuts is a joy to see. I appreciate the detail needed for this build-up, as well as the skill in turning. Thanks for sharing. 👍 👍 👍

sorcerertd

These are so cool! Do you have problems with the wood shrinking/expanding to where you can feel the transition between the wood and metal? That's one thing I've had problems with, even with thoroughly dried wood.

Dale Parrott

These are so cool! Do you have problems with the wood shrinking/expanding to where you can feel the transition between the wood and metal? That's one thing I've had problems with, even with thoroughly dried wood.
I haven't noticed it. It's pretty well saturated with thin CA.

Top Bottom