One more prize

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Planners

First, THANKS again for all your hard work. This has been one of the smoothest events yet.

Need your ideas! I am going to purchase an additional prize for the donation drawing. Any thoughts on something everybody wants? Somewhere around $200 would be good.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hard to say what "everybody" would want. Pen Wizard, Wolverine sharpening jig, lodging and meals at the MPG, Nova chuck, collett chuck, pressure pot, pen display cases. I'll give it more thought later.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Forum Runner

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
As Mike said, there are so many things, and no telling who already has what. I'd suggest a $200 gift certificate to which ever IAP Bash supporter the winner wants.
That would also give recognition to a vendor that supported the Bash.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
As Mike said, there are so many things, and no telling who already has what. I'd suggest a $200 gift certificate to which ever IAP Bash supporter the winner wants.

That's a pretty good idea. So any company or individual listed in the Bash "Vendor" section on the front page? I could even spread it around; $50 to 4 vendors or something like that.

Phunky_2003

That's a pretty good idea. So any company or individual listed in the Bash "Vendor" section on the front page? I could even spread it around; $50 to 4 vendors or something like that.

I like that idea. Even more chances to win.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam

4 different vendors= 1 prize? Not everyone has the budget to try several vendors, this would offer that opportunity. This I think is best.:good:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I don't mean to "poo-poo" the plan, but $50 of merchandise is not a lot and if it's CSUSA it will cost you $14 in freight.

Just the usual "Ed sees the weeds in every flower bed".

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I don't mean to "poo-poo" the plan, but $50 of merchandise is not a lot and if it's CSUSA it will cost you $14 in freight.

Just the usual "Ed sees the weeds in every flower bed".
Agree but if you wanted to try out a vendor, I would say a $50 discount on my order might very well talk me into the order. I see nothing wrong with $200 from one place either, just offering up my thoughts.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
A $50 gift certificate sounds like a great prize...might not buy a lathe, but it is a nice prize nonetheless!

The other option is a $200 gift certificate to a place like Grizzly, to purchase some equipment. They donated a very expensive lathe in the past, and I'm hoping to butter them up for the 10th Bash coming up!

Andrew

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
You asked for one more prize of about $200 in the first post. This could be one GC or multiple GCs up to $200, whatever the winner wants.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what I'm going to do for the final DD prizes:

A $100 gift certificate to any vendor listed under the "Thanks to the following vendors for supporting the bash" section on the front page.

A $100 gift certificate to any vendor who has a catalog in the Vendor Catalog forum as of the moment I post the prize.

One 2" x 10M roll of each grit of Klingspor Gold Rolls

One 2" x 25M roll of each grit of Klingspor Shop Rolls

A copy of The Pen Turner's Bible by Rich K.

Curtis's stabilizing rig

That should round things out.

Top Bottom